Have you ever considered what affects your lifespan? While we used to think that life expectancy was largely determined by genetics, we now know that only about 20% of longevity is from inherited traits. By and large, that means that we hold the power to influence our health and how long we live.
On this compilation episode, you’re going to hear from ten of the best experts on the topic of longevity. You’ll learn about the basic foundations of longevity like nutrition, exercise, and mental health. We’re also diving into scientific topics like how influencing your microbiome and telomeres can increase your lifespan.
Most importantly, we’re going to explore how to maximize your longevity so you can live a happier, healthier, and more fulfilled life. I hope this episode arms you with the information you need to create a strong body and mind so you can live the life you desire. Enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The difference between lifespan and healthspan.
- What role our microbiome plays in our longevity.
- An explanation of telomeres, and what we can do to keep them healthy.
- How many categories of longevity genes exist.
- What it means to eat stressed foods.
- The importance of addressing societal norms about aging.
- What the oldest form of strength training is.
- The power of simplifying your workouts.
- How staying in shape can help you prolong your career.
- What a cultural portal is.
- The true meaning of growing older, and why our beliefs are so powerful.
- A distinction between strength and power.
- How exercise can act as a fountain of youth by resetting gene expression.
- The link between cortisol and gluconeogenesis.
- What the Japanese term “Ikigai” means.
- How having a sense of purpose can make you healthier.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes:
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation