You probably know a thing or two about how to lose fat, but have you ever stopped to consider how fat loss actually works? Burning body fat is a complex, fascinating physiological process that involves multiple organs and systems in the body. Today, I’m going to take you through the process of how losing fat occurs in the human body.
On this episode of The Model Health Show, I’m taking you behind the scenes of fat loss. We’re going to discuss how fat burning actually happens in the body, and the science and evolution of fat storage. You’re also going to learn about specific nutrients and foods that can help you optimize your body composition.
This information is here for you to gain a deeper understanding of how fat loss occurs, and to empower you to make informed decisions when it comes to your nutrition. You’re going to gain a deeper understanding of the role and function of fat, and how to use this knowledge to your advantage. I hope this information brings you immense value and insight to help you reach your goals.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How body fat functions as part of the endocrine system.
- The link between your metabolism and body fat.
- What you need to know about the quantity and function of fat cells in the body.
- How fat cells actually enable human survival and evolution.
- What fat cells are designed to do.
- The three types of storage fats, and how they operate.
- What conditions and risk factors are associated with carrying extra visceral fat.
- The link between intramuscular fat and insulin sensitivity.
- What brown adipose tissue is, and how it impacts the metabolism.
- In which parts of the body brown fat typically accumulates.
- What actually gives brown fat its color.
- An important distinction between beige fat and brown fat.
- Why the body’s usage of energy is like a currency system.
- The hierarchy in which your body utilizes fat.
- How lipolysis and lipogenesis occur.
- An analogy of fat loss, and how fat can move in and out of the body.
- What hormone-sensitive lipase is.
- The percentage of your body weight that is comprised of mitochondria.
- How the thyroid gland is involved with fat loss.
- The complex process in which fat is dissolved.
- How shifting your macronutrient ratios can aid in fat loss.
- Specific foods and nutrients that can increase your body’s fat burning process.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
* Download Transcript
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes:
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation