Metabolic and inflammatory conditions are running rampant in the US. Conditions like obesity, heart disease, and insulin resistance seem to become more prevalent year after year. While the statistics are staggering, it’s important to note that oftentimes the most simple, natural, and innate strategies for healing are also the most effective.
On a biological level, fasting in sync with the circadian rhythm is part of how humans evolved. But with the advent of 24-hour drive thrus, delivery services, and our overall constant access to food, we’ve become far removed from the concept of fasting. On the other hand, many people have come to associate fasting with restriction and deprivation. Today’s guest, Dr. Will Cole is here to change the narrative on what fasting means and how it can function as a tool to better your life.
You’re going to learn about metabolic flexibility and intuitive fasting, and how they can help you improve your energy levels, burn fat, reduce inflammation, and more. Best of all, you’re going to learn how to get more in tune with your body and improve your quality of life in a natural, intuitive way. So listen in, and let Dr. Will Cole show you how.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- What metabolic flexibility is, and why it’s essential to human health.
- How our ever-changing world has created a genetic-epigenetic mismatch.
- The power of giving your body a break to repair and renew.
- How eating around the clock is causing an epidemic of gut health problems.
- An important distinction between calorie restriction and fasting.
- The main reason why most diets fail.
- How to get more sustainable, longer lasting energy.
- Why Renaissance doctor Paracelsus called fasting “the physician within.”
- What the heart of functional medicine is.
- The importance of experimenting with and adjusting your ways of eating.
- Why intuitive fasting is a vital tool.
- How gut health factors into overall health.
- What you need to know about inflammation.
- The definition of autophagy, and how to support its function.
- What TRF stands for.
- A template for easing into fasting, and how to make it innate.
- The link between weight loss and getting healthier.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
* Download Transcript
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes:
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation