169. You Can Grow Thriving Houseplants! | Maria Failla of Growing Joy Podcast
In the middle of winter when the Christmas greenery has been taken down but it’s not yet time for spring planting, I find myself craving the color and life found in houseplants. This is a perfect time of year to dive into what it takes to create a home full of thriving houseplants, and there’s no one better to discuss this with than Maria of Growing Joy Podcast, a self-proclaimed Plant Lady. If you consider yourself a plant killer, you are in good company because both Maria and I have had our fair share of plant fails. May this episode inspire you to try a new plant variety or tending method as you grow your houseplant collection.
In this episode, we cover:
- The top two mistakes people make when it comes to houseplants
- What your personality + lighting in your home say about what kind of plants you need
- Breaking down some popular houseplant varieties and why they are not as easy to grow as you might think
- Options for creating more light in your home if you don’t get enough natural light
- Everything you need to know about growing plants in your window sill
- Why you might want to propagate a plant and how to do it
- How you can grow beautiful blooms in your home when it’s too cold to grow outside
- Making sure your houseplants are getting adequate nutrition
- Should you transition your plants between indoors and outdoors as the seasons change?
- How you can grow herbs and vegetables indoors all year long
- Creating the right outdoor garden for you and your family
Thank you to our sponsors!
TOUPS AND CO ORGANICS | Use code FARMHOUSE at ToupsandCo.com
5 DAY BLOG CHALLENGE | Visit bit.ly/5DayBlogChallenge
Join us in the Simple Farmhouse Life Facebook community!