175. Answering Your Homebirth Questions | Katelyn Fusco of Happy Homebirth Podcast
Based on the questions I received on Instagram, you all are just as excited about this homebirth episode with Katelyn as I am! No matter where you are on the spectrum of homebirth—curious about it, preparing for your first or second homebirth, or a veteran homebirth mama—this episode addresses all of it.
We speak to the mom who is wondering if homebirth is possible for her, the mom preparing her body and mind for an upcoming birth, the mom trying to find the right care provider, the mom dealing with unsupportive family.
As a mother of seven, homebirth is near and dear to my heart, and Katelyn is a wealth of wisdom on this topic. Join us for this rich discussion!
In this episode, we cover:
- Why having your first baby at home is especially beneficial
- The important role your care provider plays in your birthing experience
- How preparing for birth is so much more than planning for pain management
- Do you need a large house to have a homebirth?
- The importance of resting in early labor to avoid maternal exhaustion
- Why focusing on your mindset is the most crucial preparation for birth
- Finding the relaxation strategy that is right for you
- Embracing the transformational process of birth
- Recognizing your unique needs during birth and finding the right midwife for you
- What questions should you ask when interviewing a midwife?
- Responding to family and friends who don’t understand your birth decisions
- The importance of doing your own research and making decisions that are right for your unique situation
Thank you to our sponsors!
TOUPS AND CO ORGANICS | Use code FARMHOUSE at ToupsandCo.com
AZURE STANDARD | Use code SPRINGHOMESTEAD10 at AzureStandard.com
Please see full show notes for more details on these offers.
Join us in the Simple Farmhouse Life Facebook community!