EGG FREEZING - What You Need to Know w/ Dr. Shanin Ghadir
Have you ever wondered what it's like to struggle with infertility? Infertility affects millions of people around the world and can be caused by a variety of factors, including age, genetics, medical conditions, and lifestyle choices. Coping with infertility can be a lonely and isolating experience, but it's important for those struggling to know that they're not alone.
Today on Almost Adulting, Violetta welcomes Dr. Shahin Ghadir. As a founding partner of Southern California Reproductive Center, Dr. Ghadiris board-certified in both Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. He is currently an assistant clinical professor in the department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and at the Keck School of Medicine at USC.
Dr. Ghadir debunks the most common myths about egg freezing, the truth about infertility in women and men and the causes behind it, and what it takes for an IVF pregnancy to succeed.
Advertise with Almost Adulting at Gumball.fm
What to Listen For:
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:45 Fertility affects both men and women
- 02:28 The most common infertility causes
- 04:09 Biggest myths in the use of birth control
- 05:15 Infertility in men
- 07:20 Fertility is different for every woman
- 08:18 Choosing to delay having children
- 10:49 Myth #1: It’s only for women who wants to delay motherhood
- 17:47 Myth #2: You need to freeze a lot of eggs
- 19:23 Myth #3: Frozen eggs last forever
- 20:25 The success rate of egg freezing
- 27:26 The average cost of the entire process
- 28:42 The biggest side effects
- 31:14 Success stories
- 33:47 Which couples are a good candidate for IVF?
- 33:24 What is IVF?
- 38:39 Who undergoes IVF?
- 39:17 Is IVF unethical?
- 40:19 Emotional impact of IVF on couples
- 43:27 Helping women ovulate
Connect with Dr. Ghadir on:
Get more content on: