Swine Tech - Taking it to the Next Level
- John Deere Pre-Roll
- Around the Room – why do you need a Farm4Profit conversation today?
- As hosts what are you most looking forward to with this guest today?
- Remind people to hit SUBSCRIBE – REMEMBER TO LEAVE REVIEWS
- The listener review today is brought to you by TractorZoom and their machinery analytics – machinery clip
- TikTok – 1handfarming
- Great Work
***Profit Manager commercial
Exploring the new technologies to be incorporated into a hog barn
Barrett Ellerhas a long history in the industry and community of the swine industry. His experience started with New Fashion as a Safety Manager, then stepped away for a few years in which he worked for a mining company, and then came back to New Fashion Pork as more of a Human Resources Manager and Operation Improvement Role. Now Barrett is now the Director of Sales for Swine Technologies.
Matthew Rooda SwineTech’s co-founder and CEO, Matthew Rooda, grew up in Iowa as a 4th generation pork producer. Throughout his childhood and young adult life, Matthew would work with his grandfather on the family farm, help his father in large commercial sow farms, and would work for other local pork producers.
- What is Swine Tech?
- SwineTech was founded with the mission to create solutions that empower farmers to provide every food production animal with high quality individualized care.
- Like What? What was the first?
- Piglet crushing technology “Smart Guard”
- When did Matthew start this?
- During his freshman and sophomore years in college he was employed as an assistant farm manager for Schneider Pork Farms. It was here that he studied under Dr. Peter Schneider and found a deeper passion for the swine industry.
- while studying pre-medicine played a pivotal role in helping him identify the many similarities that exist between healthcare and animal agriculture.
- How did it get funded?
- John PoppaJohn Center
- Iowa Start up accelerator
- What is PigFlow
- In 2020, PigFlow, a workforce and swine management platform, was developed. PigFlow helps pork producers maximize their potential by bringing greater workplace efficiencies, process compliance, and animal care to the swine industry.
- What problems does this solve?
- Is this specific to the hog industry?
- Can it be applied to other industries?
- What is Swine Seal?
- Was this based on human medial tools also?
- What benefits does this bring?
- What’s it made of?
- Can it be used outside of the swine industry?
- Whole farm connectivity?
- How are you brining quality WiFi into hog barns?
- Did we miss anything else of value?
- What does success look like to him?