861: Helping Others Feel Heard, Valued, and Understood through Active Listening with Heather Younger
Heather Younger shares the simple steps anyone can take to help others feel heard and valued.
— YOU’LL LEARN —
1) Why others feel like we aren't listening—even when we are
2) The wrong and right way to paraphrase what you heard
3) How to keep your patience when things get heated
Subscribe or visit AwesomeAtYourJob.com/ep861 for clickable versions of the links below.
— ABOUT HEATHER —
Heather R. Younger is the founder and CEO of Employee Fanatix. She is an international keynote speaker, host of the “Leadership with Heart” podcast, and a workplace culture, employee engagement and diversity, equity and inclusion consultant. Heather has a law degree from the University of Colorado Boulder. She is the best-selling author of The 7 Intuitive Laws of Employee Loyalty and The Art of Caring Leadership.
• LinkedIn: Heather Younger
— RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE SHOW —
• Book: Developing the Leader Within You by John Maxwell
— THANK YOU SPONSORS! —
• BetterHelp. Invest in yourself with online therapy. Get 10% off your first month at BetterHelp.com/awesome.
• Storyworth. Give the moms in your life something super special this Mother’s Day with $10 off at StoryWorth.com/awesome