S2 Ep6: CALM (ease + joy)
A lovely, relaxing episode to ease you into a place of restfulness this winter, including a beautiful meditation, some gorgeous winter poetry, and some tips for finding calm in the chaos. With inspiration from Hakuin, Brian Patton, Roger McGough, Mark Strand, the Royal Horticultural Society (@the_rhs), Joey Hulin (@joeyhulin_writer), Isobel Carlson, Donna Hay (@donna.hay), and Country Living (@countrylivinguk).
Featured in this episode:
- Untitled poem by Hakuin from Three Zen Masters by John Stevens (Kodansha)
- Calm Christmas and a Happy New Year: A Little Book of Festive Joy by Beth Kempton (Piatkus)
- First Snow in the Street by Brian Patton in 100 Best Christmas Poems for Children, edited by Roger McGough (SPCK Publishing)
- Lines for Winter by Mark Strand in Poem for the Day Two edited by Retta Bowen, Nick Temple, Stephanie Wienrich and Nicholas Albery (Chatto & Windus)
- Your Spiritual Almanac by Joey Hulin (Laurence King)
- RHS Gardening Through the Year by Ian Spence (DK)
- The Seaside Year by Isobel Carlson (Summersdale)
- Country Living Christmas (magazine)
- Christmas Feasts and Treats by Donna Hay (Harper Collins)
Ingredients for the featured recipe (Rocky Road)
- 1kg of dark chocolate (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 130g sweetened dried cranberries
- 200g marshmallows
- 250g Turkish Delight pieces
- 50g of coconut flakes
- 140g of shelled unsalted pistachios, chopped
To be in with a chance of winning a signed copy of Your Spiritual Almanac by Joey Hulin and a signed copy of my book Calm Christmas, head over to Instagram @bethkempton. The deadline for entries is 4pm UK time on Friday December 10, 2021.
The podcast The Calm Christmas Podcast with Beth Kempton is embedded on this page from an open RSS feed. All files, descriptions, artwork and other metadata from the RSS-feed is the property of the podcast owner and not affiliated with or validated by Podplay.